Here we are in 2018 and I found this to be a problem for shell scripts written by me and shared between my computers via my iCloud account. Doh. Thanks for the advice :)
Had precisely the message error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol that you mention, in a failed vagrant up (with VAGRANT_LOG=debug) on my Ubuntu 17.10 host. I unset my http_proxy and https_proxy env vars (our proxy was recently made optional) and no more error!
Im getting the error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol error, but I dont think either of your suggestions cover my circumstance. I run my code in three environments: my PC, my staging system (which is a Synology NAS) and my production system (hosted by a major hosting site, Hostgator). Its the same code in all three places. In only one of those place, the NAS, does it get the error. So I dont think the problem could be in my code or on the site Im trying to access. I dont completely understand what you mean by not yet tabled in your DNS, but the NAS is not acting as a DNS server - and if it were, wouldnt I get this error with every site I try to access (I access dozens, but I only get this error with two of them). Any idea what might be going on? Thank you.
I might have found another source of the error. The issues was observed in curl 7.52.1-r3 on alpine. The curl request was for something outside a firewall and so needed to go through a proxy. The https_proxy was set up like this. export https_proxy=https://some.goofy.proxy.com:80 On curl 7.35.0 on ubuntu the exact same configuration worked. On 7.52.1-r3 we needed to remove the extra s in the proxy setting. So setting it like this caused 7.52.1 to stop giving the error 35. export https_proxy=http://some.goofy.proxy.com:80 Notice its http:// not https://.
Thanks this is very useful article, I tried this in ISAM 9.0.2.1 webseal and it worked, the only difference is the page number. In ISAM 9.0.2.1, it is 38cf0427.html
Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! with the help of this article I finally got the manager setup on my machine! One thing I need to mention though is a one point, I had to also comment out the remote valve in the META-INF/context.xml located in the /webapps/manager dir this is because the manager in the Tomee (tomcat+EE) is restricted to the machine that tomcat is running on. this is what my context looks like:
I agree! You buy a certificate and for some reason there is always a way to access your site that you forgot to put in your certificates SAN entries... Or something like whats described in this post happens. Or something else happens. And your users freak out. I agree. SSL is a pain in the ass indeed.
Due to, the packages curl and nss old, To solve problem you can via ref: http://www.huuphan.com/2017/03/curl-35-ssl-connect-error.html
this is extremely funny. I agree on the abstinence and the blame game
If you want to enable them, your ciphers= line in server.xml will contain both SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5 and SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA but at this point in time, a vulnerability scanner will penalize you for having these enabled.