Useful tmsh Command
There is an awful lot of stuff you can do in the BigIP web console but one of the things you can't seem to do is get a list of all the client IP's connected to a particular VIP. In the past, this might be something you would execute a tcpdump on and then run through the trace in wireshark but this isn't really necessary if you're just looking for a quick snapshot of currently attached IP addresses to a particular virtual server.
Luckily, as long as you have tmsh access to your BigIP, just execute the following command to generate a list of client IPs attached to a partucular VIP:
tmsh show sys connection cs-server-addr <ip_address>
This will generate a tabular list including the following:
- The Client IP Address and Port
- The Virtual Server IP Address and Port
- The SelfIP (SNAT) Address and Port
- The IP Address and Port of the Member Server the request went to
- The tmm process processing the connection
Pretty useful thing to use for those instances where you just want to see what is currenty hitting your VIP without having to run a trace!